Tuesday 19 July 2011

Fear, where for art thou?

As you know, this week the theme for my blog is fear and today I am hoping to be able to give you some advice to guide you to work through yours.

It does not matter what the basis of your fear is, hiding it away or trying to run from it is not going to work. What you need to do is let it out into the light so that you can face it. Tell your fears exactly what you think of them and then accept those fears.

A good starting point is to find the source of them and as I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, just randomly writing about it can help you to find exactly where your fears stem from.

It is the root of the problem that you need to really have a good look at. It can be a difficult and painful step, to look back into the past. We all have different stories of where our fears come from. It could me something traumatic or just a simple error on your life’s path, either way you need to take a good look at it.

What do you do now? Think about this for a moment. If this circumstance had not happened in your life, how much of a different person would you be today? This is an absolutely eye opening moment for some people, just think:

“If this had not happened, who would I be today? Where would I be in my life today?”

Maybe think of those that you love, is it possible that they would not be there if you had not gone through what you had or you would not have achieved something wonderful or be a stronger person for it.

Write all of this down if you can. Maybe this week would be a really good time to start that journal you have always wanted to start and what a good way to start something new, by letting out all of the old.

If you want, you can even add a flow chart for all of your thoughts, sometimes I find it helpful but you don’t have to, (I’ve added a picture for you to see what mine normally looks like but you can do yours as you like).

Since the spirit of some Candle Magick is in the air, I would like to do something with you that might help (if you would like to find out more on this, have a look at my earlier post).

Write down your fear(s) and everything you can think of when it comes to the source of them and if you want, draw up a chart. Make a copy of everything unless you feel it would be more releasing to burn the originals then do so.

Set up a sacred, peaceful space for yourself. Have a white candle lit in front of you, either in a cauldron or on a heat proof surface that won’t catch fire.

Take a few deep breaths and look into the flame of the candle and play the images in your mind that for you are the source of your fears. Feel yourself accepting them and knowing that if it was not for these events in your life, you may not be the person you are today. You are a stronger person because of what has happened to you.

When you feel you are ready, burn the pages with the flame from the white candle and say out loud:
“I will not run, I will not hide. I embrace my fears and I love myself.”

Use this as your daily mantra, you can even say it just before you begin to write in your journal everyday or when you feel you are about to face a circumstance that will bring those fears out for you.

I wish you the best of luck as I know this may be a painful process for you but remember you are not alone. You can even ask your angels or guides to assist you as you work through this.

Bright Blessings.


XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment