Tuesday 12 July 2011

Cry. You Deserve To.

Feel like you are falling apart? You are not alone and you may have noticed that the people around you may be feeling the same way.

Over the past few weeks everything seems to have been leading up towards emotional chaos. I can see it in the news as well as the person sitting next to me in the office. As some of you may know, I work for Oprah, I work in the Advertising sales department for O, The Oprah Magazine in South Africa.

As a result, yes a work in an office with almost ten women but no one has been snappy and mean (rare for this kind of environment). The women here working with me have been amazing and supportive to one another as we all go through our individual crisis, and we have all had huge crisis over the past few weeks with this week being the cherry on top. We feel strong enough to cry in front of each other and compassionate enough to listen and give a hug.

I know I’ve cried a little over these past few weeks, on my own as well as on the shoulders of friends and family.

Naturally I would love to come up with the all powerful emotional quick fix but unfortunately it doesn’t exist. The only advice I can give is to not hide away and feel alone, there is always someone out there and when you are down, it is the worst time for you to cut other people out.

All I can suggest is for you to stay strong, hang in there. It may be tough now but believe that at the end of the day we can land on our feet, with our heads held high and surrounded by love.

I won’t lie, it won’t be easy from this point on but it is a good starting point for your next step forward.

Mantra of the day:
Today I will be okay

It is a simple and very short mantra but these few words really say a lot.

Bright Blessings

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment