Monday 21 November 2016

Building a spiritual practice

2017 is really just a few weeks away and I find myself already preparing for the new year. I have a tendency to use the month of November as my month of reflection, I look back on the past year and see if I have achieved anything, especially any of the goals I may have started the year with.

I seldom do achieve all of my goals, mostly because I hold myself up to a very high standard, however this doesn't prevent me from getting excited about starting to work on my new set of goals for the new year. I find I will start to look at things a little more realistically, of what is attainable in the new year, I have a better understanding of what I can personally achieve, and I try to be gentle with myself, instead of harsh for not reaching the exponentially high targets I had pre-set for myself and my business.

After having stepped away from a lot of my spiritual practices in previous years, this year I found myself deeply motivated to bring them back into my life, they are very much a part of who I am and how I live my day to day life, and quite honestly I felt quite lost without my daily spiritual practices.


My goal this year was to start to bring them back, and to feel more connected with my spiritual side. I didn't do as much as I would like to have, but my practices have definitely increased and I'm feeling much better on a spiritual level.

I must say one book I have read this year that has absolutely helped me was The Essential Yogi Training by Alanna Kaivalya. It is not a book about practicing yoga, as an exercise form, but about building your daily spiritual practices. I like the fact that the author has used non specific religious references, yet at the same time gives sound advice on how to grow your own daily spiritual practices so that you can find peace within yourself.

I have to say that this book is my recommended read for the year!


Pagan Find of the week

Money Drawing tea

A Rooibos tea blended with an infusion of herbs and spices, and especially charged with money drawing energies. This tea can be made as a hot drinking tea, burned as an incense or used as a bath tea during any magical practice for attracting prosperity.

Reading for the Week

This week's card is taken from The Rider Waite Tarot 




King of Pentacles



We need to be good caretakers, of our lives, our energies and the resources available to us. We should keep in mind the world and the environment around us and practice responsibility.

Now is not the time to let greed overtake us, but to be more gentle towards ourselves and our world.



Feature your Esoteric Products



If you have an online Esoteric or Pagan store, clicking here for more information. What our extremely affordable advertising allows you to do:

Advertise two products for a week to our followers for $5 - that's only $2.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise five products for a week to our followers for $10 - that's only $2 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise TEN products for a week to our followers for $15 - that's only $1.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure.

We will even be putting together the creative advertising posts for you, which will be sent to you for approval! Let us help you, view our gigs today!





No comments:

Post a Comment