Monday 5 September 2011

Butterfly Fluster



The butterfly effect has always fascinated me, the idea of how one small change in one person’s life can create a whirlwind of changes and end up affecting more than one person.

These days I haven’t been close enough to feel the flutter of the butterfly’s wings but I definitely feel the fluster of the storm they have created as I have found myself needing to make a number of big decisions in my life.

In the past I had ‘cowered’ away when the possibility of change came towards me. I have wanted to tell it to leave me alone. I wanted to stay safe and comfortable right where I was.

I have had a look at these changes and opportunities that have recently been coming my way and I think, “What if I did that or tried this?” I know I’ve often said I’ve “considered” an opportunity in the past when all I have actually done is tried to decide how safe it is and how drastically my life might change if I said yes to them. Sound familiar?

Quite often in our lives if a change appears to be too big, something in our subconscious shouts at us, “NO! Don’t Do It! I… I… I just can’t, the change is too scary!”

Then the excuses come out as to why we can’t make our lives better, why we can’t take that scary step. Excuses such as “If I did this then what will my family think” or “they would be so disappointed and upset” then there’s always the worry of the money or income that will pertain to this change, how will that be affected?

Money and family, the two reasons, well excuses really, that we use to not live a better life. When we are afraid to do something in our lives, these are the two items that keep popping up at the top of that list.

So guess what I did? I am busy working on a very scary change in my life, I have rationalised and gone through my excuses, in fact I am still doing them.

I shouldn’t do this because my family would…
How will I cover my expenses, surely my income will be limited?

The first thing that surprised me about this change was the fact that I said “Yes”. I said yes and only then did I think about my excuses. Even with myself trying to rationalise why not to take an opportunity I had already accepted into my life, I was then pleasantly surprised by something else.

An abundance of everything I needed to help propel me forward, started to come at me. Yes I still put in the work and asked the questions but it feels as if everything is flowing to me without resistance.

I am still considering my excuses, they are always there nagging me. I see them as my sensible self. These little excuses are useful though, they keep me thinking about both the good and positive areas of the opportunities I am accepting.

Then I make my excuses into something I can learn from.

Family will never be completely happy with changes we make in our lives but then again they might not be completely unhappy. Some of us are lucky enough for our families to say, with disapproving looks on their faces, that they will support us through the decisions we make. Sometimes they don’t but this is your life not theirs.

As far as money is concerned, if you need to find several areas to make it then do so, as long as it makes you happy and is in line with your current goals and the new change in your life. It always helps to have an action plan when it comes to money and if possible, plan in advance so that you know where you may be for the next few months instead of worrying from month to month.

Most importantly, look at your excuses and then look at the opportunities that are opening up for you. If you want those opportunities, then say yes and when your excuses come up answer them with an “I Trust”.

That is what I am doing right now. I Trust.

I am busy trusting that what I need will come to me and I am trusting that I will see and accept the opportunities and answers I am looking for in the first place. My trusting has opened doorways for me that I would never have imagined opening up and as a result I have been calmer and more accepting of my changes.

If it is right then it will happen for you. It all depends on if how badly you need the change. When the opportunity comes along, snap it up instead of running away from it then trust that what you do need from that point on will come to you and you will see that it will flow to you naturally, if you allow it to.

Change can be big and scary but it is the attitude you have towards it that will ultimately affect how your life will evolve.

Say Yes and accept your new opportunities with trust and gratitude and you will receive abundance in your life.

Bright Blessings

)O(

No comments:

Post a Comment