Monday 3 October 2016

Weaving Magick

We are so excited, our Handfasting is just under two weeks away, and everything is coming together and we are completing the finishing touches.

On Saturday, over the New Moon, we wove our Handfasting cord together. Such a Magickal moment, the two of us weaving away, thinking about and talking about how much we love each other and our excitement for the special day and our future together. Weaving Magick can really be fun and powerful as so much time is used on imbuing the item being woven. It is created with care and mindfulness. All of this inspired me to share a bit of Weaving Magick in this week's blog.

I decided to create a prosperity talisman.


Firstly I carefully picked out 3 ribbons of roughly 50 cm / 20" in length. I chose green for luck and prosperity. Blue to represent my prosperity flowing like water, effortlessly to me, and finally a rich golden brown to remind me that riches are of this earth, and I should always remember the importance of abundance in all areas of my life.

I then chose a tiger's eye pendant. I especially chose tiger's eye as it represents success in business, and being an entrepreneur I have been quite drawn to this stone. Tiger's eye also helps, not only in the creation of wealth, but it also helps the wearer to hold onto and grow that wealth. I then chose two bells, a green and gold one to represent wealth. I especially chose bells because the sound is good for clearing away any negative energies and thoughts. As I wear or carry the talisman with me, any time I feel myself worrying about money or doubting my prosperity, ringing these bells will help to clear that negativity from me.

If you wish to use something other than bells, may I suggest the gemstones labradorite or green Jade. Labradorite helps to clear any negative thoughts or emotions you may have towards money. In fact I have a labradorite necklace I like to wear when going on a big shopping trip, to help me feel better about spending money, while I learn to welcome the flow of more of it into my life.

Jade is great for absorbing and removing any negative energy around money. I actually have a jade gemstone that I keep in my wallet, not just to remove any negativity I have with regards to giving and receiving money, but also to absorb traces of any negative energy that may have been left by previous handlers of the coins and notes in my wallet.

First step I knotted the three ribbons together at one end and then I braided the three ribbons together. All the time while doing this, I visualized my wealth coming to me. When I reached the end, I knotted the ends together.

A basic braid

I then looped the ribbons around, and created sliding knots on both ends. This is so I could wear it as an adjustable bracelet if I so wished to do so.

Creating sliding knots

To finish, I sewed the pendant and bells onto the knots, being careful not to affect their ability to slide. While I was sewing them on, I repeatedly expressed gratitude to the God and Goddess for my prosperity. Being thankful for what you have, before you have it, is a powerful way of welcoming it into your life.

Once the talisman is complete, you can perform a basic ritual blessing to imbue and empower it even more with positive prosperity energies.

And there you have it, a really easy prosperity talisman that you can wear or carry with you wherever you go.


Feature your Esoteric Products

If you have an online Esoteric or Pagan store, clicking here for more information. What our extremely affordable advertising allows you to do:
Advertise two products for a week to our followers for $5 - that's only $2.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise five products for a week to our followers for $10 - that's only $2 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise TEN products for a week to our followers for $15 - that's only $1.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure.

We will even be putting together the creative advertising posts for you, which will be sent to you for approval! Let us help you, view our gigs today!




Reading for the Week

This week's card is taken from  The Rider Waite Tarot 




Ten of Wands


It is possible that you may have been working a bit too hard. It may be good to consider taking some time and relaxing, go on a much needed break away if possible.

It is also good to remember that when wealth and abundance flows to you, that sharing it with others is a good way to express gratitude for what you have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment