Monday 24 October 2016

My Pagan Handfasting

My apologies for being so quiet last week, I was away getting married to the love of my life.

There have been two moments in my life when I have been exceptionally proud of myself for being completely selfish. It sounds terrible, I know, but I have come to realize that in life there are certain moments where I quite literally need to do what I want despite the people around me.

The first was three years ago, due to health reasons I had a hysterectomy, an easy decision for me as I have never wanted children. Though there was a moment where I let the Nay Sayers get into my head because I wasn't doing what they wanted me to do with my body. After a chat with a very good friend who helped me to realign with my true self, I decided to block them all out and go straight for the surgery I wanted, despite the wishes of others.

When the doctor woke me up from surgery, despite the extreme pain from having my core muscles torn apart, I had a moment I will never forget. In that moment I was so overcome with joy and happiness, it was the most amazing feeling... I had done something BIG for myself! For the first time in my life I had done something that I truly wanted, and not what was expected of me,

On the 15th October 2016, I was overcome by the very same emotion, I moment so filled with love and joy and happiness that I could feel it just wanting to explode from me. My wife and I got married in a full Pagan Handfasting ceremony on the beach.

Despite having opposition from certain Nay Sayers in my life, we still did what we wanted, we did what makes US truly happy. For the longest time we tried to plan things to accommodate the people around us. It resulted in a lot of changes of wedding dates, venues, etc. We got lost trying to consider and please everyone around us... but eventually we decided to say "Fuck it" and did what we wanted... and as a result I experienced truly what was the HAPPIEST moment of my life.


I would like to thank Christa Martin of White Leopard Weddings for being an amazing RMO. I have to say that for two years we truly struggled with Pagan RMOs (Registered Marriage Officers) here in South Africa, so much so that it made my heart sore at the level of disorganization. Christa was the first RMO we met with true integrity, and who is completely down to earth, and I would absolutely recommend her services time and time again... the fact that she has medals for kick ass medieval combat skills and a husband who makes swords, just makes her even cooler.






She is based in Kwa-Zulu Natal, and if this means you decide, like us, to get married out of your normal province and up in the Midlands or Thousand Hill mountains or  on a beach, I promise you, her services are well worth it!



If you do decide to consider the Midlands as a Pagan Handfasting venue, then may I suggest Millgate Cottage as a place for really affordable accommodation. And pop into their pub The Crafty Mole for a pint of local craft beers, served by Chris Moon, and perhaps a walk around their little labyrinth too.




Most importantly of all though, I would like to say thank you to my most amazing wife... you are the biggest gift the Goddess has ever blessed me with. I will love you for all eternity, through the ebb and flow of the cycles of life death and rebirth. You are my heart, now and always!



Feature your Esoteric Products


If you have an online Esoteric or Pagan store, clicking here for more information. What our extremely affordable advertising allows you to do:
Advertise two products for a week to our followers for $5 - that's only $2.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise five products for a week to our followers for $10 - that's only $2 per product for a full week's worth of exposure, or...
Advertise TEN products for a week to our followers for $15 - that's only $1.50 per product for a full week's worth of exposure.

We will even be putting together the creative advertising posts for you, which will be sent to you for approval! Let us help you, view our gigs today!




Reading for the Week

This week's card is taken from  The Rider Waite Tarot 



The Hermit


If you need time alone to rest and recover, don't be afraid to take it. Even if it's just a short walk, our quiet meditation to clear your head. Take some time for yoga, or to just spend time with yourself away from the daily chaos.

If you are struggling to decide on doing the "right thing" in a situation, this card is telling you that perhaps the right thing is doing what's right for you. Stop worrying about pleasing or upsetting others, be gentle with yourself, this is a time to do what YOU need.

No comments:

Post a Comment