Tuesday 5 July 2016

New Things New Moon

Today is the day of the new moon and my thoughts lately have been very focused on starting new things in my life, even more so than usual at this time of the lunar cycle.

I’m learning to not just let go of old ways, thoughts and concepts that don’t work for me, but I’m also learning to let go of any guilt that might come along with it. I have to admit, when I get excited about trying out something new, I get very excited and tell everyone about it, but if the moment comes when I realise it simply doesn’t work for me, I tend to feel terribly guilty when I have to tell people that I will no longer be going along that path.

I suppose it’s part of our human nature to almost be expected to choose to do one thing and stick with it. My own business changes at least every six months, sometimes it’s a small change in direction, but sometimes it’s a HUGE shift in focus that changes the business model completely. This is something that through the years I have learned is necessary in order to ensure that both my business and myself survive.

Change is necessary for us to progress and survive, but a part of us will always fight that change. It’s up to us as individuals to discover what makes us fight necessary changes, and work on those “fear” based parts of ourselves.

Personally, my process is as simple as a meditation, and some quiet time to myself to just think things through... Some burning incense and a cup of tea at midnight, in a barely lit, very quiet room can sometimes do wonders for helping me to sort out the chaos that may be going on in my head as I take on new challenges, or leave old ones behind.


Pagan Find for the week




 

A thin hammered ring set with green tourmaline or another stone of your choice.

This Raven wraps his wing snugly around your finger. He can be your familiar or totem and will protect you with his wing. The stone set in the companion ring can be hidden under Raven's wing to symbolize extra protection


This can be custom made and ordered through GeshaR in her Etsy store, click here for more information.

Reading for the week ahead


This week’s reading is coming from The Mythic Tarot

Ace of Cups

 
A card of new beginnings and an outpouring of emotions. You might feel a little overwhelmed at these times, especially if there is something new on the horizon that effects you emotionally.

Remember to welcome love and light into your life at this time, and allow love to guard and guide you as you move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment